Garaway Virtual Academy is now enrolling students. This academy is an alternative option for all students looking to enhance their learning through the Garaway School System.
Our focus will be to provide the best options for the student using new innovative formats toward a personalized educational experience.
We would love to have you at our enhanced school system designed to meet all student educational needs. Garaway Virtual Academy – creatively educating our students through positive relationships. Please call us at 330-852-4699.
To Enroll (DEADLINE TO ENROLL IS AUGUST 15th, 2020)
Please call Mr. Zobel at 330-353-8421, leave a message on his office line at 330-852-4699, or send an email to email@example.com. He will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please include your child’s name, grade for 20-21, school district they are enrolled into, parent name, phone, and parent email address.
NOTE: If switching from the brick and mortar setting, the minimum commitment for the switch to GVA is 1 semester. Students will not be permitted to switch back to brick and mortar/physical classes until January 1st, 2021 in this case.
Some things to know about GVA:
- The ability to use Google and Google applications is a significant portion of GVA.
- Students/parents must be able to download, print out, and return items as attachments on Google docs and email.
- GVA is an online option, some basic knowledge of using a computer is helpful/required.
- Communication is key and since it is an online program, this does mean checking email regularly (daily).
- Parents will need to be involved for the program to work. This does not mean designing curriculum, but there are parent responsibilities in order to provide success for the student.
- The ability to navigate apps on a cell phone or computer is a part of the GVA program for both parents and students.
- It is helpful to have a working printer to print out assignments that student may have to complete manually.